Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: The problem that the image rotates when shooting a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie.

@aenriquez 

Thank you for your reply.

I shot a 360-degree time-lapse movie, but due to this problem, I couldn't reframe well and was very troubled.

We hope to see improvements in future firmware updates.

I kindly thank you.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: The problem that the image rotates when shooting a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie.

Apparently, there are many people having this same issue. Me included. I hope GoPro releases a fix for this problem soon enough.

Highlighted
GoPro

@loufarina, I'll update everyone in this thread as soon as I got new info available. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Highlighted
Tourist

Perhaps this is a thermal issue with the orientation sensor inside. A few days ago I wanted to shoot a project inside a garden shed (as posted separately on the forum). My camera shut off a few times and got really really hot. I was told, that the camera is designed more for action related film making than taking stationary footage and expects somewhat passive cooling through airflow and such. I noticed while playing back the footage I got that it started to move around a few minutes before the camera shut off automatically, possibly because of problems getting too hot without enough outer airflow.

So perhaps someone should check if there is any kind of relation between moving frames and the camera starting to overheat...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Any resolve on this issue?
Highlighted
Hiker

No , No  and No again !!

aenriquez you really should have known better ! 

You, and us all , know for month now , that MANY of us have this rotating problem. I, myself reported it here in this very forum in LATE WINTER.

Therefor I can clearly confirm, that it is not related to the temperature. It happend to me first , during a nightshot , outside in late december while approx. -10deg celsius .

We discussed this here so many times that it is ridiculous to switch on/off the most important feature of that cam, and then get shaky ,blurry,footage .

And every time a new victim reports this problem we get the same answer ....

"I will report this to the team in charge ..."

and

"I will update you...."

"they are working on an update ...."

everytime the same since december 2019 .....  this virtual "team in charge" must have a checklist, with around a 100 reports of the same kind ...... we are not stupid ... so please stop aggravating us !!

provide fixes !!