Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

The problem that the image rotates when shooting a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie.

[ Edited ]

When shooting a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie, the image rotated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gX0QGrtU08&feature=youtu.be

This is the screen of the mobile version GoPro application (iOS version), where the 360-degree time-lapse video is downloaded to the mobile version GoPro application and played from the media folder of the mobile version GoPro application.

The smartphone I am using is "Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB".

I fixed MAX with a tripod of MAX grip and shot a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie.

The shooting settings for 360-degree time-lapse movies are as follows.

Mode: 360
Resolution: 5.6k
Interval: 10 seconds
Format: Video

"Protune"
EV modification: 0
White balance: Automatic
ISO minimum: 100
ISO maximum: 1600
Sharpness: High
Color: GoPro

Protune settings have not been changed from the default settings.

Although the viewpoint of a 360-degree time-lapse movie is fixed and the movie is playing, the image rotates.

The firmware version of the mobile version GoPro application (iOS version) is the latest version "6.11".

The firmware version of the camera is "v1.50".

The microSD card used is "SanDisk Extreme (UHS-1 U3 / V30) A2 64GB".

I manually updated the camera from the following URL, but this phenomenon did not improve.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

Why does this happen even when the camera is fixed?

I want to fix the viewpoint of 360-degree time-lapse video and play it back.

Is this a camera defect?

Does anyone have the same phenomenon as I do?

Can someone please help me

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: The problem that the image rotates when shooting a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie.

Try turning on the world lock when you export the footage.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: The problem that the image rotates when shooting a 5.6k 360-degree time-lapse movie.

The world lock icon and horizontal maintenance mechanism icon in the upper left part of the screen are already blue and both are on.

Even if you reframe a 360-degree time-lapse movie or save it in the photo folder as it is, the same phenomenon occurs and the image rotates freely.

Is there any solution?

Please help me.

Highlighted
GoPro

@tajimag2, try to toggle the World Lock OFF. I just tested this out on my end and the TimeLapse footage stopped moving when I deactivated this option in the GoPro App - Reframe. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

@aenriquez 

Thank you for your reply.

When the world lock function is turned off, the image sways in small steps, but the image no longer rotates.

Please check the video at the URL below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vciA7ucAe1A&feature=youtu.be

The video is wiggled, is there any solution to this problem?

By the way, even if the horizontal maintenance function was turned off, the image shook in small increments.

Is this a bug that the current firmware version cannot fix?

We look forward to your reply.

Highlighted
Hiker

@aenriquez 

Two weeks have passed, but I haven't received an answer yet, so I will contact you again.

When the world lock function is turned off, the image sways in small steps, but the image no longer rotates.

Please check the video at the URL below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vciA7ucAe1A&feature=youtu.be

The video is wiggled, is there any solution to this problem?

By the way, even if the horizontal maintenance function was turned off, the image shook in small increments.

Is this a bug that the current firmware version cannot fix?

We look forward to your reply.

Highlighted
GoPro

@tajimag2, apologies for the delayed response. Few other users have reported similar results. I'm looking into this. I'll share the details with the team in charge and will keep you posted soon as new information is available. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Tourist

I too have this issue. It seems like the Max thinks it is moving when it is not. Cant wait to get this fixed