Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

The mystery of 360 GoPro in goggles

I'm having a horrible time trying to find out what should be obvious info about watching Gopro 360 Max files in goggles (side-by-side). I don't find this info in any of the (many) Gopro apps, viewers (except on my computer screen), editing software, etc. I would think this is one of the first things one would want to do with this footage, yet I can't find any info on it.

I want to be able to watch my 360 Gopro footage on my iphone in goggles like Google Cardboard or Merge. Please help!

Cheers and thanks

MJS

Hiker

Betreff: The mystery of 360 GoPro in goggles

i'm using no Iphone but a samsung (android) with SamsungVR , and a Oculus Quest as well.

In both cases I can  recommend using the skybox-VR player which can check for the "spatial-bit" , or can manually be set to 360mode (in the playerbar the icon which looks like a cube gives you access to the different 360/160/3D/2D " settings.

The most important part of the editing is "injecting" the "spatial-bit" into the final clip.

Either you can do it in premierePro (exportsettings close to the bottom - checkmark the VR box) , or if you are usinf another editor like me, then use google's own free tool "spatial media injector".

That should work as well for the IOS-based gadgets.

everything above is meant to be used as "equirectangular" format (no side-by-side, no top-bottom)

Tourist

Betreff: The mystery of 360 GoPro in goggles

Thanks so much for your help! I finally got my processed videos to appear side-by-side after uploading to YouTube and can watch them in my headset via the YT app.

Cheers!

M