Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: The firmware version 01.61 is making screen freeze on standby mode.

I'm always on 1080p 60, when i use my gopro freezing issue happens twice or more. When connected to smart remote (3 button)
Highlighted
Hiker

@shotsofredmist if thats the case. if you have not formatted your Sd card try FULL FORMAT your sd card using pc. Then slot in back inside gopro and performa format 1 more time using gopro.  See if this does solve you problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

Update on freezing issue.
I test my gopro wihout SD card, it still freezes (with wireless connection ON). Everytime i reset(hold power for seconds) it still freezes when i turn it on again.
I removed the battery and put it again after a minute, then i turn OFF wireless connection then it somehow turns ok for now. My question is...
Do i have a faulty gopro?
Sometimes when i turn off my gopro, my wifi is still connected to hero7black,
Is hero7black wifi always on even if the gopro is off?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @shotsofredmist. The Wi-Fi needs to be manually turned off so the camera does not pair with a mobile device anymore. It is normal for the camera to keep the Wi-Fi on even if it was turned off. If you have already manually updated the camera firmware and the camera still freezes as you described, let our Support team know so they an help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Thanks!