Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: The firmware version 01.61 is making screen freeze on standby mode.

Awesome... Got my 3rd replacement gp7 already... Please fix all bugs so I can finally start to use it... Missed my disney xmas visite footage cause of freezing gopro when lowlight was on...
Highlighted
Sightseer

So how do you turn off the low light setting when the screen freezes so you can't even access the settings menu?  The second the screen turns on when I reset the battery, it freezes.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @x-nemesis. Have you been able to manually update the camera already? If you have and you are already using one of the recommended SD cards here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations , let our Support team help. Their contact information is at  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Highlighted
Hiker

My hero 7 black also freezes a lot, i have manually updated 1.70, format the recommended sd card 64GB still freezes.
Most of the time it freezes when connected to my Smart Remote, and they both freezes same time, it's annoying as hell my first gopro.

Any updates on this issue?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @shotsofredmist

To isolate the issue, please test the camera without the SD card.

Access the menu and see if it will still freeze.

Also, try resetting your Smart Remote and see if this will make a difference.

Reference links:

Camera Freezes Up

How to Reset the Smart Remote

How to Pair Your Camera with Your Smart Remote

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for reply @aragon1006 i have not try test the camera without SD card, but i turned off "auto low light" as i read here, it seems to have worked at least for now.

But still when connected to my smart remote, my gopro still freezes sometimes, i try to reset smart remote but it still having issue freezing.

Is there a way to factory reset a smart remote?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @shotsofredmist

Thanks for letting us know.

To reset the Smart Remote, please check this article.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

@shotsofredmist, what resolution you use to recording. Try 1080 resolution and see if this solve your camera freezing issue. Some remote using gimbal i tested are facing freezing if recording resolution are higher than 1080.  I was about to purchase gopro original remote to overcome the freezing issue but it seem like perform the same like gimbal remote.