Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

The New gopro Hero 6 is a piece of crap!

Smiley MadShame on you goproSmiley Mad

Not working, at all.

I got a brand new Hero 6 from bestbuy literally yesterday and I just turned it on and the camera just lasts for like 1min and it shut down. I didn't do any kind of test or firmware update. I watched like 10 different youtube videos complaining about the problem. It is not the battery or the charger, I plugged it in with my regular phone charger, camera battery charger, even PC and Mac, for a whole the evening, and it doesn't show any kind sign of being charged. The camera just won't turn on.  This is a totally piece of crap for 500$. 

I'm a professional photographer and videographer, I watched a lot of review video then decide to have a try with the new mode, for as far as I remember, the Hero 3+ unit I bought several years ago is somehow glitchy as fc.

DO you guys even know what product quality controll is??

Shame on you gopro! You are just making things worse!

And to whom may concern,

here are some nice videos of your products failing and it is just frastrating even watching them

No.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdhpXQ-V7g 

No.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O08Wi7z6gE

No.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHx-9t5VOsc

Hi there! In this video I have 2 comments about the GOPRO HERO 6. The GOPRO HERO 6 does not turn the LED lights off when it is fully charged, as does the GOP...
Ran into some problems after upgrading the firmware on my brand new GoPro Hero 6 Black! I was struggling with choppy video and weird video artifacts while sw...
My GoPro Hero 5 won't power on despite the battery being full. I had an online chat with GoPro support and after following their troubleshooting suggestions,...
Adventurer

Re: The New gopro Hero 6 is a piece of crap!

Welcome to gopro hub. thanks for venting to the  site. with all the issues at your hand.  They can simply go away with two or three options

Drvie back to Bestbuy return it tell them to  document your reason for return.   BB has to explain hte return to gopro not you.  When that cam goes back  to their  

you either get a new one test it r ight on the spot, or get a full refund. then your option to  return back here and offer another opinion on how you and hte cam are doing.  On that note

it's just a 500.00 camera

Adventurer

Welcome to gopro hub. thanks for venting to the  site. with all the issues at your hand.  They can simply go away with two or three options

Drvie back to Bestbuy return it tell them to  document your reason for return.   BB has to explain hte return to gopro not you.  When that cam goes back  to their  

you either get a new one test it r ight on the spot, or get a full refund. then your option to  return back here and offer another opinion on how you and hte cam are doing.  On that note

it's just a 500.00 camera..

Nomad

You could just remove the battery from the GoPro then put it back in correctly charge up the camera and come back here and thank me.

Explorer

Love the Hero6 Black. Far and away the best GoPro camera ever! 

Tourist

The problem is, that they should wait and release final product - in these days, final product is not only hardware, but software in first place. There is a lots of complains, and that dosent build the brand in the face of good quality product from china. I hope some of the issues will be fix in november update. @sweetridge7624 try to make a manual update from sd card. 

Tourist

@danielr15 wrote:

Love the Hero6 Black. Far and away the best GoPro camera ever! 

LOL, yesterday you wrote that its not a place for that kind of crap, so maybe I remind you:

"As far as getting your feedback to GoPro, they actually have a place for it. It's right there at the bottom of the page. Big surprise, it's titled "Feedback". Since you apparently need a little hand holding I'll go ahead and post the link for you https://gopro.com/feedback"

You dont have to thank me. 

Explorer

@fastcreek5056
You are completely correct. The original poster shouldn't have directed his comments at GoPro in this forum. Since my comment, " Love the Hero6 Black. Far and away the best GoPro camera ever!" is directed to community members, it's not the same. However, I have also let GoPro know how stoked I am on the camera.

Thanks buddy.