Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: The New gopro Hero 6 is a piece of crap!

the problem with  us members its not the best camera ever its hte best camera for the  person who  bought it Lol

Backpacker

i've been asked a few times "which GoPro's best", & i can't pick out just one. I use a Hero 4 for nightlapses (got continous shutter, which changed to auto on 5/6) & Session's which are perfect for subtle external car footage. So whats good for one, might not be best for you

Sightseer

Yep, I have a similiar issue. just baught the hero 6 and an extra battery. Neither battery can charge. I've tried different cables, different boxes, different outlets. I cant charge it enough to even update the firmware incase that was the issue.... $500 well spent

Explorer

Exchange them.
Adventurer

I am most sure the  above poster    is on theirway to do that today,   The hero 5 had that issue on  when new, it was a simple pull the bat, replug the cable, long press hte  mode and then allow 15 min to  thered led appeared. not all in that order, once the bat got started the rest was history, all worked fine.

If  the camera is new never used the battery wil be about 75% charged. I try to    simply plug it in to get it charged for the first time, if not then I   might  run thecamera for a minute to lower thepercentage of hte bat, then retry.   

I understand you tried it all even the  desktop/laptop port and not a sign?   

Are you to return and exchange or  return and walk.

Sightseer

Wow, I just got the go pro 6 with a extra batteries, 1 battery last for  1 minute, the other nothing, some body help me over $600. what the heck is going on? any advise please email me helppp.  hotsummernite08@att.net

Explorer

Are you using a wall charger to charge the battery?

If you need the GoPro Support Team for help or to arrange for an exchange, you can reach them here https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

This is a public user support community.  We can not assist you with exchanges.  Usually best to not leave you personal email as you can get all kinds of strange or misleading replies. Putting your email here does not get it to GoPro customer service.

Adventurer

problems with chargers you best make sure the Mw are higher and not under .7A otherwise you  will get a  super long charge  and that is the problem some users have not knowing their charging units.

1.2A is output. not charging output long story short.