Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Terrible video and photo quality on Hero 9

[ New ]

Hi, 

I've recived my camera at friday and im trying to have fun with this high resolution, high technology camera. But It is very very dissapointing. Quality of my videos and photos are just ancient. Very high noise even with low iso, dead pixels out of nowhere. Old phones and much more older versions of gopro make better footage. I cant pair camera with gopro app - just impossible to do it. Just now i've installed manually update and helped with nothing. 

I see very similar issues reported by other people. Low quality, dead pixels and problems with pairing. It is very sad for me because the promise of quality and automatic setting of this camera was high. I compare my vids with youtubers footage and it looks like i've bought cheapest car camera. 

I CAN'T contact with support. I would like to immidiately return this poor product and get refund both for camera and useless gopro subscribtion. I dont want to risk another dissapointment. 

iso 800 after update.jpg
Tourist

Re: Terrible video and photo quality on Hero 9

[ New ]

Blurry tragic noise slow motion footage.png
Tourist

[ New ]

dead pixel terrible quality.jpg
Backpacker

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

But 1.5v is not saying anything about video quality improvements.

Nomad

[ New ]

More light - MUCH more light and a slightly lower resolution and frame rate for videos could be very helpful!

Adventurer

[ New ]

your videos are indoors,  you are  also using Hypersmooth 3.0 both indoor and EIS do no work quite well together, Protunes will be needed

that all means you need to start adjusting for EACH scene

Firmware updates always fixes issues they do not fix user problems.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Wow, I have used a gopro5 for years, was all excited to upgrade to the 9.  WTF?  REALLY terrible quality video and stills. Unusable.  And the touchscreen is incredibly unresponsive.  After using it for a month, find the touchscreen exasperating and I mostly got the 9 for protune options (same ISO over days-long timelapse landscape videos to avoid auto changes/flashes.).  Wasted my stimulus on this!?!?!?!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jefs8104

Improvements on touchscreen responsiveness have been included in the last firmware update.

What version is the camera on?

Regarding the image quality, would you be able to share some sample files?

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

People need to learn more about the camera and how to properly use it.

Is it possible I got one out of a particularly "good batch" or something? Because I upgraded from the hero 7 silver to the hero 9 black, and this thing is amazing!

The only problem I have is no live preview while recording in the mobile app, but I'm hopeful that they fix that soon.