Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Terrible experience, defective / beta product

[ Edited ]

Spent 2 hours trying to connect the Hero9 to my phone / tablet / computer, walked the whole throuble shooting with the support. Nothing solved the problem. Bluetooth connects and fails for wifi, cannot update the firmware. On the laptop, usb connection sees the device but Quik doesn't register the existing firmware version and the update gets stuck at 0%. Every step was tried 2-3 times multiple on / offs. Pure waste of time, stay away if you value you time.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Terrible experience, defective / beta product

I cannot understand any of the problems described. The connection to the cell phone via WLAN and BT worked straight away. Also the manually performed update. Have I received another Hero9 model with a different firmware? Or is the quality variation really that great? Or is the problem somewhere else ...

Highlighted
Tourist

For me BT worked, but WLAN didn't on any of the devices. USB connection detected the device but the software couldn't update. I realized it showed the firmware version as 'null', new firmware release info box empty and title had an error message with something like invalid date. These are typical buggy software indicators. Also the firmware update progress gets stuck at 0% for several minutes before I cancel.

Highlighted
Adventurer

great to know  your device and gopro did not work. sorry to hear good luck.

Highlighted
GoPro

@ekostem, if you're using the Quik for desktop software on your computer, this app doesn’t support camera firmware updates for your HERO9 Black camera.

If the Over the Air (OTA) update through the GoPro App on your phone fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device (iOS 12 or newer / Android 7.0 or later).

You can install the firmware update of the camera through the manual process. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Additionally, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. You can also try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.)