Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Terrible. Just terrible.

[ New ]

The product, the support... just terrible.

I bought a GoPro Hero 4 Silver back in late 2014. A year and a half later (2016) the sensor starts failing and the screen & video goes all purple. Based on the fact that there are so many people having this issue its clearly systemic and a flaw in the camera model. Since I'm off warranty, I get no help and all they offer is to take back my Hero 4 in exchange for a super lousy discount on another brand new camera. When I get ZERO loyalty from GoPro, they really expect me to shell out for another brand new camera? 

Today came an even worse kick to the crotch. I'm reading the GoPro support forums again since my issue and see that a year later another person had EXACTLY the same issue, and they were also off warranty. Only this time their agent replaces their camera. 

I feel so abused by GoPro.

GoProReplace.JPG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Terrible. Just terrible.

[ New ]

Hello @leifg3332

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand you've had difficulty in getting in touch with the Support team. If it was done by phone, you might want to try connecting with them via chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . The Support team will be able to help you best with such quality issue on your camera. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

Welcome to gopro, the world of gopro anything is possible with them....

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm trying to get in touch with GoPRo Support and every time I call I get through to the "this call may be recorded for training purposes" and then the call disconnects. This company has some serious issues. At this rate I would never buy another GoPRo based on how difficult it is to talk to someone in support, not even considering the horrible experience I' ve had with their product.

I've decided that I'm going to be a lot more vocal in warning people I know to stay away from GoPro.

Tourist

[ New ]

I was shooting video of my daughter's graduation reception when my camera's video started going purple. Half my footage of that one time occasion is ruined. GoPro was extremely unsympathetic when I first contacted them. I don't know why I'm bothering to try to contact them again. I think I'm going to start posting clips of my purple video to social media and warning my friends. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @leifg3332

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand you've had difficulty in getting in touch with the Support team. If it was done by phone, you might want to try connecting with them via chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . The Support team will be able to help you best with such quality issue on your camera. 

Best regards, 
Marius