Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Tengo una go pro hero 7 black y se calienta demasiado a�n luego de apagarla permanece caliente.

[ New ]

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Tengo una go pro hero 7 black y se calienta demasiado a�n luego de apagarla permanece caliente.

[ New ]

Heat can be generated by a couple of things, including shooting at higher resolutions and frame rates, which require more processing power. It can also be caused by errors with the SD card. Using incompatible SD cards, for example, can cause the camera to be in a constant sync state that will use more power and generate more heat. To address this issue, be sure that the card you're using is recommended for your GoPro. You can find a list of recommended cards at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations.

The one issue that really concerns me though is you saying that the GoPro continues to be hot even after turning it off. I suspect that the GoPro may not be fully turned off if that's happening. Be sure to press and hold the Mode button until you see the red LEDs flash. You can also take the battery out for a second to be sure the camera is powered off. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Tengo una go pro hero 7 black y se calienta demasiado a�n luego de apagarla permanece caliente.

[ New ]

Heat can be generated by a couple of things, including shooting at higher resolutions and frame rates, which require more processing power. It can also be caused by errors with the SD card. Using incompatible SD cards, for example, can cause the camera to be in a constant sync state that will use more power and generate more heat. To address this issue, be sure that the card you're using is recommended for your GoPro. You can find a list of recommended cards at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations.

The one issue that really concerns me though is you saying that the GoPro continues to be hot even after turning it off. I suspect that the GoPro may not be fully turned off if that's happening. Be sure to press and hold the Mode button until you see the red LEDs flash. You can also take the battery out for a second to be sure the camera is powered off.