Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Technical Issues

[ New ]
I purchased the Hero 9 black within the last month and have noticed there are some technical issues that I would like addressing. I’m experiencing problems with the SD card which now again comes up with an error message on the LCD. In addition, the camera has a tendency to stop recording for no apparent reason. I start to record and when I’m finished my bike ride, I have noticed the camera has stopped recording??I believe I have a faulty camera but from reading online forums, there appears to be similar issues. I’m going to send the camera back as this isn’t acceptable especially given the cost and Go Pro are supposed to be the leading cameras on the market.
GoPro

Re: Technical Issues

[ New ]

Hi @richw137

What SD card are you using? Do you have the camera up to date?

Do you observe the same no matter what resolutions/settings are used?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi thanks for the reply. I’m using the San Disk SIM card which came with the camera. I observe the same footage no matter the resolution/settings.
Adventurer

[ New ]

the supplied promition card is your issue

Sightseer

[ New ]
So you’re saying the SD card is faulty then and not the camera? How is it the SD card can have such an effect on the camera’s ability though? The camera just stops recording midway through a journey. Surely this can’t be the SD card?
Adventurer

[ New ]

Speed of the card,  as its write speed is the Importance. the camera is recording, thecard is trying to keep up, called Buffering, that hiccup causes the crash. so the card is what 32gb, never formated in a main computer, but just the camera, you should  take that card, and do a full format, no quick format a full format.

once that 32gb  takes 15 minutes, 64gb 30 minutes to format, give it a shot again.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Ok thanks. It came with a San Disc 64gb card so I’m assuming I need to purchase an even larger capacity one in addition to carrying out a full format?
Adventurer

[ New ]

No, formats can be done on any card, you say you need a larger card to format. something  basic computer skills get done. once you  figure out how to format the card, let us know if it worked.

Put card in computer

right click on driver

choose full format

with sd card slot reader