Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Stuck on video mode

[ New ]
I've had my GoPro since the end of October. Used it 3 times. 3rd time I used it I couldn't get it to work with voice command and now when it turns on it goes straight to video recording. I can't change the mode or anything! Super frustrated as there's been many times I've wanted to use it but can't!
Nomad

Re: Stuck on video mode

[ New ]

How are you powering on your camera?  Are you using the power button/mode button located on the side of the camera?  Or are you pressing the shutter button/quick capture button on the top of the camera?

GoPro

[ New ]

@sharpsurf77372, when the camera is off and QuikCapture is enabled, you can turn the camera on and immediately begin capturing video or Time Lapse photos just by pressing the shutter/Select button. Press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos. Press again to stop recording and power off the camera.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't get the camera to turn on if I use the side button to power it on.  I've also tried using my phone app to control it and it jsut locks up the camera. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't change the mode at all and it won't power on unless I use the top button.  I've tried using the phone app and it locks up the camera.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @sharpsurf77372. Is there any damage to the side button on your camera? Can it be pressed? If so, we recommend doing a manual firmware update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. See if this step helps clear any possible error with the current installation. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!