Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Stuck on saving?!

Hello,

I am currently using the GoPro Hero5 Black, and my camera seems to be freezing as soon as I stop the recording to have it saved. I am using one of GoPro's recommended SD cards (Lexar 633x 64GB MicroSD) for the camera and yet it still stays stuck on freezing.

At this point I have hold the power button or remove the battery and pop it back in. Once I reopen the camera, it tells me "File not repaired" and I have lost all the videos I have taken with my GoPro when it says that. The worst part is, it does not do it every single time I use it so I can either catch an awesome video or lose everything.

I'm not sure what to do at this point because I have only encountered this issue within the past couple of months. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Stuck on saving?!

Hello @superflame64458

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the camera. Freezing indicates that there maybe a need to update the firmware of the camera, or that there is a compatibility issue with the SD card being used. It would help to manually update your camera even if it already has the latest firmware, and make sure that the SD card if formatted through the camera and on your computer as well. 

For details on steps to fix, you can check this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Stuck on saving?!

Hello @superflame64458

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the camera. Freezing indicates that there maybe a need to update the firmware of the camera, or that there is a compatibility issue with the SD card being used. It would help to manually update your camera even if it already has the latest firmware, and make sure that the SD card if formatted through the camera and on your computer as well. 

For details on steps to fix, you can check this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius