Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Strange audio generated when taking video

[ Edited ]
I used 3rd party Gimbal with GP5 to take my videos and used for more than years, so far it's fine general

However, recently I found that some strange sound was being generated with taking a video (See attached video, starting from 0"3 - 0" 16 seconds)

If I keep moving my gimbal's to different location (view) , the sound was gone for a while but it will be back afterwards.  (from (0"17 - 0"26 seconds)

If I take the videos without any gimbal (use my han only) such sound no longer found.

Does anyone having the similar issues and how we can overcome that?

Cheers
GoPro

Re: Strange audio generated when taking video

Hi @samsong2017

You may want to check with the gimbal's manufacturer as well since it is a 3rd party device and you have isolated that the camera works fine on its own.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Thanks all!!

Adventurer

GoPro raised the crap out the of the Db and that is hte issue We all have. the Hero 6 they lowered just a tad, and then  the hero 7 they found the  membrain material used was to think they lessened it and finally got it near perfect. so hero 5 is not just your gimbal its the actual camera. itself    Db to high .