Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Stop the yearly releases! (GoPro 9 is Ugly)

[ Edited ]

It's time for GoPro to stop releasing cameras every year to try and scoop up dollars from unsuspecting buyers. Properly test ALL functions and have all add-ons available and fully tested out. Loyalty is fleeting and this GoPro 9 is absolute garbage. Is GoPro really trying to drive their base to alternate products. If they are, then they are succeeding. 

Release fully tested products on a realistic timeline and stop this nonsense!

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Stop the yearly releases! (GoPro 9 is Ugly)

Agree, they need a new CEO that can change their culture.. All they have today is a Brand, that is dieing rapidly. The GP9 is absolute garbage. It basically doesnt work. 

I am waiting for the FW update.. If that doesnt fix the 

Audio Adapter

Audio pops and clicks

General and randon freezes and glitches

Im returning it and I will get an Osmo or Insta One R

Its a sad end to a great idea..

Highlighted
Hiker

True. I've bought two Hero 9s already. First one had audio problems and second one makes yellow videos. I waited 11 months to get media mod for my Hero 8. Now I'm just waiting DJI to announce Osmo Action 2 and I'm gone.

Highlighted
Nomad

I have to do something wrong - with all the negative reports about Hero9 ... I cannot understand these problems. Both audio and video are flawless with firmware 1.21!
The accessories should be available when the camera is released - yes, I agree ...

Highlighted
Nomad

I have had multiple GP9s, and the audio is terrible on all of them.. I guess it depends on what you will accept. But when my Mic just makes up noises that dont exists, thats a problem. The thing is a piece of rubbish.. 

Highlighted
Nomad

My Hero 9 does not make any noises that are not there. However, the microphone is very sensitive!
I had the Hero 9 attached to the windshield of my car like a dash cam. It was raining lightly - you could hardly hear the dripping on the window - the microphone of the Hero 9 recorded this very dominantly ... as well as all other noises, besides the music from the car radio or the conversation with the passenger also the rustling in the handbag etc.

Highlighted
Hiker

i agree, a product like a camera (which everything has now) should have a lifespan longer than a year; it takes GoPro months to release the promised accessories teased at launch (then theres a new model it won't fit when they become available - i.e media mods......) let alone ironing out the issues we all put up with. 

They should keep their engineers milking the same cow and "perfecting" it for a good 2-3 years at least all while developping new add ons - if they got 3 generations out of the GP chip then they can get more out of existing hardware - still wonder why the remote won't work after the first update........

Keeps the value of their hardware high as it has a decent lifespan and bigger returns on their setup costs

Highlighted
Adventurer

Many reports here about Customer service, the camera, etc.

Think DJI is better they are a drone outfit,  Sucks when its an Action camera nothing more.   GoPro can not make firmware fast enough to  fix the issue, 30 days of purchase best get that return in, once you start the return process you can hold on to the camera for up to ten days, I start  getting with them as you read the forums