Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Stop TimeWarp from turning on.

[ Edited ]

I'm beyond frustrated. I had this problem with the HERO7 Black, and I naively though it would be fixed with HERO8 Black.

Frequently when I'm snorkeling or diving, the camera shifts from video to TimeWarp. Why the **bleep** would I want TimeWarp when I'm snorkeling?! It's as if the water itself is activating this feature, and it means I've lost countless once-in-a-blue-moon moments when I get out of the water and realize, once again, the camera has decided that I didn't really need that shot. 

To make matters worse, I've searched every site (including this one) and no one seems to be able to answer this simple question--how can I turn it off

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Stop TimeWarp from turning on.

. . . And before you ask, no, locking the screen does not prevent this from happening. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @tadd7845

How are you initiating the recording?

Check out What is QuikCapture & How Does it Work?

Do you observe this only when the camera is used underwater?

How about a different setup or environment?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the camera on (screen locked on video) when I enter the water. Then I use the capture/record button to start and stop filming clips. I've only had this happen in the water--but it is very consistent across two cameras. Usually the first or first and second clip will be recorded as I want it to be, then it flips into TimeWarp, usually when I'm moving around in the waves. I have the camera on an extending frame, so I'm not touching the camera face, only the record/capture button.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for getting back to us @tadd7845

Please see if re-flashing the software will make a difference.

See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you. I'll let you know. I probably won't be able to get back in the water until the weekend at least, but I'll keep you updated.

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

You swiped down chosen Lock screen correct?  and then and only then    the only buttons will work are the Mode on and Shutter?   correct?

guess filling up the sink or a pan is out of the question, and recording your actions on that?