Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

The Fusion shoots RAW images.. sure. Fusion Studio doesn't see them - and on the Mac they dont show in Finder - you can ONLY get them by pulling out the cards into a reader. 

So, you have your GPR RAW files. Now what? I open them in Photoshop or Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw.. then what?

How do we stitch them? Try Fusion Studio. Nope. That doesn't work.

So.. make some adjustments and save them as JPEGS THEN bring into Studio to stitch. Nope. That doesn't work either. 

So.. can someone tell me what the heck I can do with the RAW files?

In my stupidity I assumed the studio app would stitch the GPR files to one GPR or DNG file, then we'd be able to edit it in whatever app we like. GoPro clearly have either not thought of this - or we're Beta testers. 

I really need this answering or the camera is useless to me. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

This article below should help with the latest update of the GoPro Fusion Studio App

How to stitch GoPro RAW photos on the GoPro Fusion Studio App

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Are you trying to stitch files after you edit them?  If so, I'd be interested in knowing how to do that as well.  If not, you should be able to copy the raw files to a folder, choose add media in Fusion Studio, browse to the folder, and stitch them from there.  

Hiker

Ideally - you'd stitch them as RAW files. Then edit them - otherwise it's going to be very hard to get the colours to match etc. 

Either way Fusion Studio will NOT take the GPR files and nor will it take exported JPEG files that have been messed with in Pshop/Lightroom etc. 

The only option is to wait!

Apparently GoPro are 'aware' of this issue .. 

Hiker

Nothing to give but a  "me too" ... Opened the GPRs in the RAW-Converter - konverted them to TIF (or JPG), threw them into Autopano Pro, but the stitching was weird. - So I wonder about this collaboration between Kolor and GoPro and then the latest version of Autopano doesn't recognize the Fusion GPR-Files .... YES, we need a method, the single RAWs will be merged to one single GPR or DNG. If Fusion Studio is able to do the stiitching with jpgs it should not be a problem to do this with RAW-files.

Hiker

I called GoPro and all they tell me was that they are 'aware' of this issue - however it's begining to look like a glaring omission to me. 

If they want this for Pro users - the features need to match. We dont all work off our iphone screens. 

Tourist

Very disappointed as I bought the fusion because it is supposed to do RAW images. After testing indoors and out the basic images at 18mp are not as good as my Theta S. I am now testing protune but results are very mixed and grainy
GoPro

An update was released yesterday which addressed some issues with importing media, especially when coming directly from the camera. I would suggest that everyone goes back to the Fusion page on gopro.com, download and install this update. I can confirm that I just imported 3 RAW images into Fusion Studio with no problem whatsoever.

~ Mowens

Hiker

Yes, you can stitch it to a tif-format (as in previous versions before), but the goal is to get a RAW-360 as output. For me it would be OK if studio could be feeded manually with developed RAWs (or generated tifs) just for the stitching process. But any - and I mean ANY - changes to the original pics (for example: if you load a gopro .jpg in Photoshop and save it instantly) have the result Fusion studio will not recognize these pics as gopro-footage anymore.