Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

I could not even get the GPR files to load. It looks like when you shoot "RAW" it is still taking a .jpg as well.

I have no problem with .tiff because I can use the RAW filter in Photoshop.

But yeah I was hoping the still image quality would be better. 

I am shooting interiors of MotorHomes. Years ago I did full blown pano tours but the time and cost

and display issues finally killed that. I played with the Matterport but my boss said nah too 

much....These are only going on FaceBook and for that the Fusion is fine.

Tourist

Sounds like a pain - once GoPro gets it's act together then I will revist RAW. For now - Hello JPG

Hiker

Which isn’t an acceptable answer for me and possibly other users who want raw. The camera has been sold and no where does it say raw support coming soon. Not acceptable for their tech support to advise (this was tech support to me) customers to use other possibly expensive software to do what the camera is meant to do.

I doubt a decent solution will come.
Tourist

I hear you - I don't contract anymore so it is not that much of an issue. 

The Go Pro Fusion would not be high quality enough to sell pano tours.

But with 360 video those might be a moot point anyway.

Plus Google really destroyed the market for independent pano tour sellers.

Hiker

If you delete the jpg and leave it only gpr, fusion studio will not recognise nothing :(

Hiker

If you delete the jpg and leave it only gpr, fusion studio will not recognise nothing :( so, studio is using only jpg

Hiker

Smiley Wink I have a solution to use the raw files.

1) Reveal the raw files in lightroom or photoshop and save the jpg

2) in windows (I do not know if in mac there is a similar software) open the original jpg of fusion in the software "paint" and use the option to paste from ... choose the modified jpg with lightroom and paste it over the original jpg of the gopro fusion.

3) Save the file and open it with fusion studio.

Now you will recognize the jpg.

The problem with this is it would be a very long job if you want to do timelaps, but it is valid for images.

I hope that gopro solve this issue

Hiker

Hey, thanks for cheating this very strict acting Fusion Studio! - I tried it, but I had strange colours ...(?) I used also sRGB, 8Bit, but resulting jpg and/or tiff are looking strange... - kind of "wrong profile".