Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

Not so easy... I own Autopano. Pro-Software of a Gopro-Partner... But doesn't recognize the Fusion-Pictures... Sad.
Highlighted
Hiker

Correct: Doesn't recognize the RAWs. The jpgs or tiffs can be stitched... but not correct.
Highlighted
Hiker

They are probably catching up with the software firmware, I wish they would annouce something at least like roadmap or something.
Just that we know RAW shooting and editing is coming.

I really REALLY want RAW timelapse/nightlapse shooting, I will go down on my knees and suck everyone off at GoPro if required, just get it done

Highlighted
Nomad

@mark-steff667
Mistika VR can stitch the DNGs.

@quickboost51431
Join the Facebook group. The head of Kolor, acquired by GoPro and the developers of Fusion Studio and the Auto Pano products, has said raw support is being developed. We just need to be a little patient.
Highlighted
Tourist

I just got the Fusion - I set it to RAW - I get the .GPR images and a .jpg

So I only imported the .GPR images in Fusion Studio and nothing.

Is this camera really shooting RAW or only JPEG?

And I set the ISO to 100 but the images indoors are pretty grainy?

Whats up with this??

And trying to USB does not work.

I have the latest firmware.

When hooked up USB the screen on the camera shows it is charging?

Do you have to take the battery out to hook up to computer??

Highlighted
Tourist

That was it - you have to take battery out to hook up to computer.....

But still no RAW
Highlighted
Hiker

That’s correct. The cards have the gpr GPR files that are DNG files. However. You can only stitch them using fusion studio but they don’t stitch as one raw file. Only JPEG or tiff.
For the lack of raw support I returned my fusion. I don’t think it will be supported properly. This is an expensive camera aimed at people who know want to shoot using a smartphone.
Highlighted
Nomad

@swiftdive02410 When you have RAW enabled on the camera it records JPG and GPR (GoPro Raw) files. Currently Fusion Studio only stitches the JPG files. A workflow for RAW is being developed by GoPro. Currently you can convert the GPR files to DNG files using Adobe's Digital Negative Converter application. The DNGs can be stitched in third party software, such as Mistika VR.