Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

And it could be so easy - especially as an Autopano user (the colaborating partner of Gopro) I thought the Fusion-files would be recognized by Autopano... - Nope.
I don't understand why such companies are doing such risky things which will produce very negative PR and definetly not a better image.
Highlighted
Nomad

@mowens Any comment. Your post from Wednesday stated you were able to "import 3 RAW images into Fusion Studio with no problem whatsoever". Could you explain how you were able to do it and how you stitched them? Thank you.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @mark-steff667,

My apologies for misunderstanding the previous request. Yes you're right that the option for exporting to RAW as oppose to TIFF isn't possible at this time. I do not know if this will be brought up in future releases, but the program is still in its infancy, so only time will tell.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @dzeek,

Sorry it seems that I was confused @dzeek, but I was initially under the assumption that others on this thread were having issues getting their stills to be recognized in the Fusion Studio Edit pane. I did not make any changes to my source files prior to importing them into Fusion Studio. I just imported the files directly from my camera via USB cable.

~ Mowens

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I've just done some tests with GoPro Fusion Studio 1.0.3.400 on Mac (latest available from the download page), using Add Media and pointing to various folders:

- folder containing only GPR files - nothing happens

folder containing JPGs I created from GPR files - nothing happens

- folder containing original JPGs - opens and ready for editing

This goes against @mowens comment earlier, saying they were able to import 3 RAW files to Fusion Studio with the latest version. Was that Windows only perhaps?

I even tried using exiftool to copy the EXIF tags from the original JPGs, to the JPGs I created from the GPR file - it managed to open them in Fusion Studio, but the preview is black, and it crashed Fusion Studio when I tried to edit anything.

The GPR RAW files give much greater latitude for editing before stitching - short of an update to the software which prefers ingestion of GPR files over JPG files (if both are present), are you able to give any details for a workaround so that the JPG files we create from the GPR are recognised by Fusion Studio?

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

@boldwave62878 Fusion Studio does currently not stitch GPR files. Hopefully, GoPro will add it this capability. You can convert the GPR to DNG using the Adobe Digital Negative Converter and then stitch in another program. Here is link to the Adobe converter https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @boldwave62878,

Have a look at this article which explains How To Render Videos in Fusion Studio. It covers manually importing your footage into Fusion Studio which is actually really easy once you get it right the first time.

The flaw in your workflow seems to stem from how you manage your files. You stated that you created a folder and moved your files around a bit, but the documentation shows that you're only supposed to move your 100GBACK and 100GFRNT folders. Importing works flawlessy for me, only because I follow this workflow.

Hope this helps!

~ Mowens

Highlighted
Hiker

That's not my problem. I wanna stitch the RAW-photo-files to a RAW-result, or develop the RAWs to JPGs for stitching them into Fusion Studio.