Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

Totally unprofessional workflow. 

Nomad

@royh736 Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying that Fusion Studio will use the GPR files as input if we specify render output to TIFF and it will use the JPG files as input if we specify render output to JPG?

Tourist

As I understand it the two GPR files (front and back) are stitched together in Fusion Studio to produce the single TIFF file and the two JPG files are stitched together to produce the single JPG file
Nomad

Thats what I thought you were saying. I'm curious. Have you actually verified that by trying?

Nomad

[ Edited ]

@royh736 Actually, I just ran a test for myself. I shot a photo and added the media to Fusion Studio. This consisted of a FRONT GPR & JPG and a REAR GPR & JPG. I did two renders for the same image. One specifying TIFF output and the other JPG output. Then I deleted the GPR from the media folder and again did two renders. The output was the same. This leads me to believe that Studio is not rendering using the GPR files only the JPG files regardless if you are specifying TIFF or JPG output.

Tourist

I'm starting to feel like we are beta testers....with no literature out there to come by.......
Tourist

I am a IT professional, and outdoor sports photographer. I am very excited about this hardware can provide. After spent one whole day, trying to get the stitched RAW files, your comment resignates with me. GoPro has a hardware that has the potential to the the best go-to camera for both outdoor sports and pro photograpy segments. Its software limited the hardware to maybe 20% of its capability. I am considering return it as well.

Tourist

I agree, as a pro photographer, and someone highly experienced with technology, having been around it my whole life, I'm frustrated with the fact that the quality and workflow thought process just does NOT seem to be there with this. Even the usability is lacking.