Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

Only still offering Tiff files ... no significant update  .... software stll very buggy

Hiker

I've got 2 weeks before I have to decide if I want to keep this camera. 

So far it's offering less than other similar ones and it's a totally unfinished - and the lack of pro level support is clear to me that GoPro have the hipsters using the app as a priority rather than anyone else. 

By now I'd have expexcted to be able to load and stitch raw files as RAW not exporting them as something else. 

Short sighted - and will cause a total lack of take up by pro's.

Hiker

So the poster from GoPro is posting false information?

Fake news :)

Nomad

@mowens How can you tell if Fusion Studio is stitching the GPR images or the corresponding JPGs? It seems to me that even though the GPR images are there Studio is only using the JPG images. Please advise. Thank you.

Tourist

Tick the Tiff box in the render queue rather than JPG then render

Hiker

Well thats not answering the question - we are asking about RAW files - not TIff files. 

We want to load in the GPR files as RAW - then stitch then output them as a RAW file. A total RAW workflow. Thats it. Simple. 

Hiker

No chance. Just open a jpg, shot by the Fusion, in Photoshop and save it immediately. You will notice that the studio software will not recognize these pictures anymore. The pictures are "coded" inside. Just Gopro knows the secret...
Tourist

Tiff is as RAW as Go Pro does at the moment. The GPR file is converted to a Tiff file. It give slightly more depth to the image than the JPG file. True RAW DNG files to use in Photoshop are supposed to be coming