Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Stitching Fusion RAW image files - HOW?

I dont know why people find it so difficult to understand what we want to do! It's the same as with any camera that shoots RAW. 

Shoot the photo in RAW > Edit the photo in RAW> delivery

With the Fusion - there's the added 'stitch' - so to spell it out. 

Shoot the photo in RAW > stitch the photo  in RAW > edit the photo  in RAW> deliver in whatever format we like

We cannot do this at the moment. We can with any other go pro camera - the stitching is where this goes wrong and the workflow is utterly screwed. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @satureyes,

I've already addressed that request in previous comment. It's not currently possible, but can definitely be something that is added in future updates. For the time being, there is only rendering in TIFF or JPG.

~ Mowens

Highlighted
Hiker

It would be enough for me to open the RAWs in Photoshop and save them after developing as JPG. But then it's not possible to stitch those files in Studio because some secret "watermarks" / tags are missing and that could be fixed.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

After any manipulation of images, it will not recognize by Fusion Studio.

Maybe because Fusion Studio will first verify two images is taken by Fusion, then will only combine 2 images (front and back) with specific metadata create by Fusion Camera, not just simply verify the file names.

Can Fusion simply make a simple twist that allows us to combine 2 image files with the match file name (front and back), no other metadata verification?

Because most pro will need to first edit raw in Lightroom, then export two TIFs or JPGs(Front and Back), then drag into Fusion Studio for final snitching.

We know Fusion Studio is still new, need to improve, When this happens this will add a lot of flexibility of the Fusion and add more possibility to pro users, they can make good use of the RAW files of the FUSION Camera. Thank a lot.

Highlighted
Hiker

It is more simple that that. 

Take the RAW images. 

stitch the RAW images in the Fusion software. 

The resulting stitch is a DNG equirectangular  file. 

Edit the DNG. 

Export as you need - and the metatdata will remain intact. 

Other 360 cameras can do this - it's possible. 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

The preferred approach according to a poll done in the Fusion group on Facebook is to do the editing before stitching in Fusion Studio. More info here https://m.facebook.com/questions.php?question_id=311408852709452&ref=content_filter&_rdr

Highlighted
Hiker

Well now the Facebook has spoken.. who can argue?

That is the worst way. How do you 'match' the front and back edits. 

If you can combne the images in a non losssy way  - why on earth would you want to edit the 2 imahes separately? Makes absolutely no sense at all. Stich the RAW's - edit in RAW. Thats surely the most logical thing?

Edit in RAW - right till the end. Stitch in RAW - open in photoshop and remove your tripod etc, clean the image THEN save and export as a final image in whatever file you want. 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I don't necessarily disagree. I just thought readers here might want to benefit from the discussion in the Facbook group which incliudes the developers of Fusion Studio. Personally, I would like to see both options supported.