Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Still unable to stream to YouTube

[ New ]

I have a brand account for YouTube under my Google account.  Is that causing me to not be able to stream?  I was able to stream to Facebook just fine.  The GoPro app does talk with Google to authorize the app to be linked to google but wont move forward.  I am stuck on the half circle line screen (the thinking screen).  I had the Hero 8 go nuts hitting the back arrow once.  It locked up with a buzzing noise.  I had to pull the battery to save it.  I dont think it was damaged by the failed YouTube streaming setup attempt.

I tried this last year and was unable to stream.  I figured with updates to the camera and software I would be able to.  I guess not?

Tourist

Re: Still unable to stream to YouTube

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue and I can't find any information about it online. Maybe this will grab GoPro's attention?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @williamc7081 and @dras24. Is it only to a brand account that you re unable to stream? Have you been able to successfully stream to other platforms with the GoPro and GoPro App alone? This would be one way to isolate the issue. 

Also, check this guideline:

Why can’t I stream to YouTube?

If you enabled live streaming on your YouTube channel, it can take up to 24 hours for it to be activated. If you still can’t live stream, check your YouTube account to make sure you haven’t been banned or blocked from live streaming. Also, YouTube requires channels to have at least 1,000 subscribers to be eligible to live stream from a mobile device to their platform. Details on their policies can be found at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834.

For more troubleshooting tips, see How to live stream from your GoPro . Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
@mariustanya I can stream to Facebook just fine. I tested it both times I have tried to get streaming to work (in the past and recently after the update).

My Google account does not have a YouTube channel. My YouTube channel is a brand account that is a part of my Google account. Clear as mud? I think this is an issue to people that turned their YouTube channels into brand channels. The GoPro app is trying to aim at the YouTube channel that is linked (or in my case, doesn't exist) to the gmail email address. Instead of finding the brand account linked to it.

I really dont know how to explain this. I do know the brand account has an auto generated email that does not work. You cant email that address and it does not work in the GoPro app. That allows separate security settings. Somehow TubeBuddy has this worked out. I see TubeBuddy on my brand account approved apps but not on my Google account apps. The GoPro app shows on my Google account approved apps but not on my brand account approved apps. Still clear as mud lol?
Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya Notice how this is the same google account but is two different security settings.  One security setting page is for the actual Google account with gmail email (has no YouTube channel).  The other security setting is for the YouTube brand account.  The YouTube brand account login is my Google account (gmail email).  I know it still sounds confusing.  The app is going to my Google account instead of YouTube brand account.  I removed some personal information from the screenshot.  The GoPro app should be on the left side with TubeBuddy... but its not.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 6.04.27 PM.png

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @williamc7081. To verify, do you have more than 1000 subscribers to your channel?

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes @mariustanya I have over 1000. I have 9,366 to be exact. I have streamed to YouTube before using my cellphone and my computer. The GoPro is the only one that will not stream to YouTube.
Tourist

[ New ]

@williamc7081 Are you on Android also? (I am)

Tourist

[ New ]

I cannot speak for the default account that connects to my Google Acc- it's not set up and none of my other brand accounts (ie the one I've used in the past as a livestream chat bot) have more than 1K subs. My channel has had more than 1K subs (1.03K Subs rn) and livestreaming enabled both for well over 24 hours each. Live streaming was technically enabled years ago, although I hit 1K within the last month, and mobile live streaming just appeared over 24 hours ago as well.

I'm trying to do streaming from my GoPro Hero7 Black through my Android phone. I spoke to a representantive through the live online chat feed on the GoPro Website, and that person informed me that it is an issue with the mobile app itself on Android, and that their teams supposidly already know about the issue. That person also said that it works just fine via an Apple (iOS) device, which unfortunately I do not have.

Tourist

[ New ]

[I thought I responded but I don't see my message appearing when I refresh the page, so I'll put this a second and final time, sorry if there is a duplicate]

I'm over 1K now, I've had 1K for nearly two weeks now and I am over 1.03K subs rn. I've technically had live streaming enabled for well over a year now (although I only had mobile live streaming appear over 24 hours ago). I have noticed the same for me that @williamc7081 shared, that the permissions for the GoPro app seem to be going through the Google account instead of using the brand channel account.

I am using the GP Hero7 Black to stream to YouTube via my Android phone; I spoke to a support person via the live GoPro chat and she said that it's a known issue with the android app getting stuck on the verification screen, and that the Apple (iOS) app is working fine. Supposidly the teams that work on the GoPro Android app are aware of this issue and there hasn't been a fix released yet to solve the issue. Not sure if there have been further developments on this issue with the Android GoPro App.

Hiker

[ New ]
@dras24 Yes I am on Android.

@mariustanya Looks like we found the issue. Will GoPro be able to solve it? How is TubeBuddy able to get into the brand account? Answering that question may help your developers get the streaming working for us.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @williamc7081. Our App team is looking into this. We will post back with an update once we have new information to share. Thank you for the input. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya Any word on this?  It still does not see my YouTube brand account when I try to authorize with my Google account.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry, @williamc7081. We gave not received any update from the team yet. We will check back with them and update you here. 

Sightseer

RE: Still unable to stream to YouTube

[ New ]
I have the exact same problem. Any solutions yet??
Tourist

[ New ]

this is a major issue and is currently preventing me from pulling the trigger on a new gopro 9 so please update us and do something about this...

Hiker

[ New ]

If a browser pluginn like TubeBuddy can figure out how to access the correct connected brand account then the GoPro developers surly can figure it out too?

Tourist

[ New ]
Bei mir ist es auch so. Die Gopro App zeigt ein Googlekonto an. In meinem Google Konto sind mehrere Youtube Brand Channel hinterlegt. Diese kann ich aber nicht auswählen. Man kann nur in den erste Channel streamen der hinter der Google Emailadresse liegt.
Viele User haben mehrere Channel auf einer Emailadresse liegen. Diese kann man aber in der GoPro App nicht auswählen
Sightseer

[ New ]

did anyone work this is out also having the same issue or will i just return this piece of crap 

Hiker

[ New ]

@richyh6000 It would be up to the developers to fix this problem.  I think its been an issue for years so it may never be fixed.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here. I hcan easily stream through my personal YT channel, but if trying to stream to my secondary YT channel (linked to my personal mail) I cant even select it since Gopro stream to the main Channel. 

The worst part is that none of my adminsitrators of the brand youtube channel can connect to it through the app since it tries to connect just to their personal channels.... so stupid!!! and as a result we cant live stream to this channel, there is no way we can do it!!!

Is as easy as offering a pop up window where the user can select which YT channel linked to an specific mail you want to stream... EASY!!!