Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Stabilization in 360.

[ Edited ]

Is this tru? isnt there any stabilization in video 360mode? I just got my Max, and the video looks like crap, its all shakey, and i cant find where to make the video smooth in 360mode and the android app.

Gopro is supposed to be the top of the line action camera. My old Insta360 One X has built in stabilization, and the video in 360 mode is much better.

Is 360stabilisation a feature that is supposed to come in the future or what am i supposed to do to get a stable 360 video in the android app with the max?

https://youtu.be/qoRkrthtbZE

I havent found where to apply the transitions in the android app either?

Please help me, or i will have to send the Max back.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Stabilization in 360.

Hi, I would like to know if GoPro Max has a resident stabilization for 360 ° videos, or if it has to go through some gopro apps. I have read all the posts and some say that it is also stabilized for the 360 °. I have a Garmin Virb 360 ° and the videos have to go through the Virb Edit app to be stabilized.
Sorry for the Google translation. Thanks.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Stabilization in 360.

Well, i must have made some misstake before in the app, after a couple of hours i managed to make a smoother video. So i guess i dont have to send the Max back.

https://youtu.be/dBG8xxcTpBU

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Nomad

You just need to turn stabilisation on in the app. It's not in the footage. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I found the problem.

When i download the 360video it turns up in the android app as two differnt clips. one for each lens i suppose. depending on which clip you open to start the reframe, one of the clips has the option, start stabilization, the other clip does not have that option.

If you choose the wrong file you will not be able to start the stabilization, and the video will look like crap.

So how should i know that Gopro?

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

You sure about that? Thought the Max did in camera stitching. What happens when you delete one file?

When i look at the folder i see a video file, a reference file and a thumbnail file.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I was hoping that the videos were already stabilized by GoPr_Max. I don't really trust desktop apps. The publicity says: HyperSmooth Max
Welcome the new king of stabilization. HyperSmooth Max offers the most fluid videos ever made by a GoPro, as well as a revolutionary alignment with the horizon, all at your fingertips.
But maybe it's a bit deceptive? What is the GoPr app to use on the PC for Max.
Thanks for the answers.

Highlighted
Nomad

I'm pretty sure thre Hypersmooth Max is referring to Hero mode, which does get done in camera. 

There is no PC/Windows desktop editor.