Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Stability Control and Lag

[ New ]

Hello,

Stability control is great for smooth footage, but for the footage I shoot, I've noticed that a quick turn left/ right results in the camera 'getting behind the turn'. In other words, the footage seems to 'lag' in those situations.

The problem does not occur when I turn stability control off, but then I have to figure out how to deal with vibration. 

Is there a setting that can compensate for this 'lag' I experience so that I can use stability control?

Thank you for your help!

GoPro

Re: Stability Control and Lag

[ New ]

Hello, @unclejed. Is your HERO7 Black updated to the latest firmware? If you haven't done it yet, perform a manual update in order to get rid of any issue with the camera. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through it. Let us know how it works out. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks.

My GoPro Hero 7 Black is version 1.90. I cannot do another updates from the GoPro app because I already have the latest version. When I attempt to do a manual update, I am unable to advance past the input of my email address and camera serial number. Clicking 'Next Step' does not navigate to another location.

Given the two issues, I am unable to update / reinstall my camera firmware.

GoPro

[ New ]

We should be able to still do manual update even if the camera is already on the latest firmware. Are the boxes for the email address and the serial number bordered in green before you hit Next? Be sure to check the box for agreeing to terms and conditions as well. 

Hiker

[ New ]

All the boxes on that form are filled in and checked, except for 'email address' box. No matter what email address I put in that box, it will not 'turn green'. I have used the email address that is registered with my account, and that does not work. I tried to remove and re-add the device to my account, then run the manual update, and that didn't work either.

From the device page, I was able to download a zip file related to a firmware update, but the page offered no instructions on what to do with it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @unclejed

We have sent you a direct message.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks. It looks like the email input box is case sensitive. ***@gmail.com does not work but ***@gmail.com does.

Consider adding a small note on that page that will make the user aware of this.

Thank you for your help.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank your for the feedback @unclejed

We'll have this shared with the team.

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej