Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Sound not synchronized.

After I updated my GoPro HERO 6 Black with the newest software update the sound is not synchronized with the film. Since I use my GoPro very often this gives me an awful lot of work editing the film.
Can I re-install the software?

For your info I use the usb-c conferter for external audio recording. The original one of GoPro.

Hope you can help me.
Greetings,

Michaël

@mightymkl 

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Sound not synchronized.

You can reload the firmware by using the option to "Update your camera Manually" on this page. https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Are you using Quick Capture or are you first powering on the camera before starting your recording? It's important that the camera be powered on first. Also, you do not want to use long or cheap cables. Cables that are less than 6' and are USB 3.0 or 3.1 and explicitly say, ""standards compliant" are best. The shorter the better. You also want it to have a 56k Ohm resistor and be well insulated.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

You can reload the firmware by using the option to "Update your camera Manually" on this page. https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Are you using Quick Capture or are you first powering on the camera before starting your recording? It's important that the camera be powered on first. Also, you do not want to use long or cheap cables. Cables that are less than 6' and are USB 3.0 or 3.1 and explicitly say, ""standards compliant" are best. The shorter the better. You also want it to have a 56k Ohm resistor and be well insulated.
Tourist

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have used the first option. Installing from my SD card.

Hope the problem is solved.
(Keep you updated).

Greetings,

Michaël

Explorer

Best of luck.