Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Sound during normal speed on time warp

[ New ]
Is there any way of having sound when I come out of a time warp by pressing the power button to get normal speed? I was trying to do a video and came out of time warp to speak and then get back to time warp. No sound when on normal speed though.
If there isn’t then that is maybe something GoPro can update?
GoPro

Re: Sound during normal speed on time warp

[ New ]

Hello @dolph2020

We'll have this feedback shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

TimeWarp/TimeLapse mode does not record audio.

Switching to regular video mode (as a new recording) should record audio as usual.

Please do a test recording. Make sure to turn the camera ON from the Mode button.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Yeah it records on normal video with sound.
It would just make it quicker on the go to record sound when the speed is normal while on time warp mode.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Timewarp Mode:

Timewarp Video is a photo by photo,  auto joining each clip, no audio track is available.

Photo Mode   Live Burts  you got it   No audio

GoPro is  the best camera, if they can add Audio and  get it to the clip , it be    unbelivable if asked. we can use a Sound recorder or shoot anotehr video and use that audio.  until gopro gets on it.

Hiker

[ New ]
But when I press the power button or the button on screen to change it normal video it isn’t picture by picture it’s a normal video (without sound) and then back to time warp surely the mic could be turned on. I’m not disputing the fact that it is an awesome camera
Adventurer

[ New ]

the timewarp is not video.  the timewarp is a photo by photo, with Internal software splicing it for you. creating a video.   it is a timelapse not a video.     

FISH

Hiker

[ New ]
What GoPro do you have Fish?
Adventurer

[ New ]

Adventurer

[ New ]

Well they got Protunes, and the >wav audio file, simply Enable, during timewarp, problem solved. do not watch the video  I summed it up in this sentance. thank you no pun intended.

FISH

Hiker

[ New ]
You must be drunk. You ain’t making any sense.
I don’t think you understand my question anyway. I know there is no sound during timewarp/ time lapse but on a HERO 8 there is a button to press to go to normal video then back to timewarp all on the same clip. So when on timewarp no sound press the button to real-time video and mic switches on then press the button again and back to time warp with yes you guessed it no sound.
What camera do you have fish? And does your camera have this feature on timewarp?
Adventurer

[ New ]

Hero 8

hero 7

Hero session

Hero 4 black

Sold off hero 5,

Hero 5 session

hhero 3+

hero 3

Hero 2

Other cameras I own

DJO Osmo Action

Yi4k

Y4K1

and another 20 Iwond name they are not the action camera designs.

so I am the druk Master, you ar the grasshopper, that said.

Fill in the feedback, and go request it, I bet you got no clue where to look for the feedback.

Timewarp is a great feature while the camera takes a photo per  Xamount of seconds so  will we then get every other second word????  to bad I deleted the vid Lol

Hiker

[ New ]
There is always one condescending a’hole isn’t there!
I asked a simple question which GoPro replied to my satisfaction, then you jump in with attitude being of no help whatsoever. Very impressed with all your camera collection, obviously more money than sense.
I bet your one of those that do unboxing videos on YouTube and give crap reviews.
Plus, Please learn how to spell! 😜
Backpacker

[ New ]

No I'm the one who does the unboxing video's and crap reviews on Youtube.  Can't let @fishycomics  take all the credit...

As for there always being one a**hole on the forums, I'm shocked by your lack of optimism, there's at least 2!  I'm a glass half full kinda person..

Anyway, to address your point, I'm not sure audio would ever be available during timewarp due to the recording format.  You see Timewarp is actually a selection of photographs that gets taken and stabilized and then processed into a video clip.  When you enter "normal" time, you aren't recording a video in real time, you're just speeding up the number of photo's being taken that are being processed into said video clip.  So your "normal" mode isn't really a video as such, it's more a change of photo speeds (or at least that's the way it's processed).  

There has been a number of people who have requested audio when entering normal time but that would either mean the activation of recording a seperate audio track that gets processed into the video (without sync issues) or adjusting the way the entire timewarp is processed.  At the end of the day it's doubtful this feature could be introduced to the GoPro Hero 8 due to hardware limitations and will most likely be something in consideration for the GoPro 9..... should they introduce new hardware and not just overclock current hardware.

Hiker

[ New ]
Wouldn’t say your a a**hole. You have given me a straight forward answer to my question with no spelling mistakes. Thank you.
Backpacker

[ New ]

Ewe R Sew Wellkome!

Smiley Very Happy

Hiker

[ New ]
🙄