Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Sound comes and goes and video is notchy?

[ New ]

Hi,

I am having this issue with all the videos i am taking using the gopro hero7 black. When i watch back a video i have taken ,on my laptop ,the sound will go off for a second every 10 or 15 seconds and also the video is not smooth , it is very slow and notchy if that makes sense

I am using a recommended SD card and the settings should be the default settings as i havent changed them. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Explorer

Re: Sound comes and goes and video is notchy?

[ New ]
Are you loading the files to your computer first or trying to watch them from the SD card? What are you computer specs? What was the resolution/frame rate of your video and did you record with Protune on or off? By default settings, I'm assuming 1440p/60fps with Protune off, but please confirm.

Upload one of your video clips directly to YouTube (without editing) and see how it plays.
Adventurer

[ New ]

put on youtube plays perfect or dropbox. then figure out why  the computer is not on par?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I have just been trying to watch them from the SD card on the laptop? I will double check the laptop specs. Ya the videos are shot at 1440p/60fps with protune off.

I will upload to youtube and see does it fix the problem.

Thanks

Adventurer

[ New ]

card is used not the Harddrive.  so what is ht speed of the read for the card?  Slowely we are getting info slow it is

Highlighted
Explorer

[ New ]
FISH is correct. You should be moving the contents from your SD onto your computer before viewing/editing them.