Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Somebody convince me to buy the hero 6...

Hi all, I have been away for a while but can somebody convince me that the hero 6 is worth the upgrade.

i have the hero 5 black and the hero 5 session. I would probable use the hero 6 in the Karma Grip almost exclusively, I am fully aware of the 6’s shortcomings at the moment with colour in the blue channel and that I am sure will be corrected soon. Low light not interested as I know the limitations and don’t care to use it in low light.

My main interest is 120 and 240fps modes with a bit of 4K 60fps.

Is the 240fps at a high enough level for real use quality wise or is it mushy and full of aliasing.

Convince me and I will buy one in the morning....

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Somebody convince me to buy the hero 6...

240 FPS is not clean. It's aliasing etc due to the pixel pinning in the sensor at this high read out speed.

Usuable? For some material yes. The 120 FPS is clean so a more usefull option for longer scenes if necessary.

Usually these high frame rates are only needed for certain slow motion sequences.

Espen

Highlighted
Nomad

Thanks for the info, for me the GoPro is say a B cam that’s nice to throw on a gimbal and do stuff the main equipment can’t, such as high frame rates. It’s the main area holding me back from buying one, alough 120fps is really all that’s needed for my stuff 240fps would be great if clean enough. I will sleep on it and see.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Untitled 66.png

Highlighted
Nomad

That would be great if I were on your side of the pond...

To be honest I went to the store this morning and it’s one of those online only at this price pcworld stores, an extra £80 for walking in with cash, of course I could have ordered on my phone and collected it for £399 but I had that undecided feeling so I drove home without it. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

from using both, the Hero 6 is leagues ahead of the 5 for useability & general feel

Highlighted
Nomad

I need to look at some more 240fps footage to convince me it’s an upgrade, thing is here it’s always overcast with not the best light, so any HFR will look iffy, 120fps clean as a whistle I would be happy with but when your unsure you sometimes know the answer, right?

Highlighted
Hiker