10-03-2018 01:21 AM
Recently purchased 7 black and am experiencing very similar issues as follows:
- GoPro sometimes not turning on, the gopro won't turn on until the battery is removed and replaced.
- Green pixelated lines appear acros the screen when switching between modes.
- GoPro sometimes won't turn off and the battery will have to be removed.
- Poor battery life - the gopro seems to go flat very quickly even when just used for photos
- GoPro displayed 0% battery shortly after being on 50% then turn off but will later turn back on with 40% battery
- The screen of the camera turned off and wouldn't turn back on until the battery was removed even though the camera was on
This is disapointing considering its substantial cost and hype.
Anyone have any tips to fix the issues?
10-03-2018 03:29 AM
Make sure you are using a card off of this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
Format the card (FULL not quick) in your computer and then again in the camera.
After doing the above (manual update and format) reset your camera to factory default.
10-03-2018 04:12 AM
Right click on the downloaded file and select Extract (You can extract this to your desktop as well). The results will be a folder named UPDATE
With a USB/SD adapter, remove the microSD from your camera, insert into the adapter and then put the adapter into your computer.
Using Explorer, navigate to the SD card drive and right click, select format. Uncheck the box that says Quick format, and then run.
Once the format is complete, copy the UPDATE folder over to the SD card drive
Right click and select Eject
Take the microSD and place into your camera
Turn the camera on, the update should start automatically.
The camera will turn off and on during the update. Do not mess with the camera until the update is complete.
Once done, go into the camera preferences and format the SD card.