Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Some issues with the new Black

Thanks for keeping us updated. Hope you get a working, and consistent, solution 🙂
Highlighted
Nomad

Maybe try turning up the resolution and/or framerate or even WiFi? This generates more heat which shortens battery life but in your case may create extra life by heating the battery. Let us know how the other SD card works. Have you formatted the card and done a manual update? How about the physical card contacts? Any corrosion, bent pins, etc.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi all, 

I've contacted the GoPro customer service for pointing the issues I had. They told me some stuff about manual updating and formatting sd cards. Also told me to try a recommended card instead and look for errors. There was not really an answer about the stabilization in cold weather. Recommended was the super suit so that the heat can build up a little bit inside the case. I will contact the customerservice again when I'm done testing with the recommended card and ask again about the cold temperatures.

I've now tested a bit with my own card. It's not the A1 type of the card, but the A2 (I've got the wrong cards sended). The A2 should be better then the A1, but it seems that the GoPro can't handle the A2 cards. After manually update the Hero 7 and format the SD cards on the computer + in the GoPro, I've created the frozen screens 2 times now with the 64gb A2 card. I also get the sd card error several times if I start the GoPro, shut it down after it was started (then it takes a second or 5/10 to completely shutdown), and after the screen is black, start it up again.

I'm now trying the SD card from my colleague, it's a Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB I. That one is listed on the recommended cards. With this card I also get the SD card error which described above, but I didn't reproduce the frozen screen yet. I will test it today a little bit more. 

If this card won't get any other problems, I will return my 2 A2 cards and ask for the A1 type. This should work for the 32gb and 64gb what the customerservice from GoPro told me.

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for the update. The best SanDisk Extreme cards to use have v30 printed on them.
Highlighted
Tourist

Update: Got the frozen screen again with the "recommended" sd card from my colleague. This time it came when I shut off the camera. It takes some seconds, and then the green lines appear with the frozen screen. So, if the "recommended" cards are not working, what does? I will test it a little bit more, and then go back to the customer service. Let's hear what they say.
Highlighted
Hiker

Your updates are getting me worried more and more.

**bleep** even i had that frozen screen once...but it did not repeat as yet.

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15 - "No problem. When the HERO5 and then HERO6 first released there were similar issues. Unfortunate if the HERO7 initially has the same (updates tend to come out 1-2 months after release as GoPro gets more information from users). Nobody likes to be the Beta-Testers, but it's just a reality."

You are to kind on GoPro again. They continue to release cameras with non-tested firmware versions. What is worse is that the same kinds of errors repeat themselves again and again. Evry year. And with the Hero7 Black being very close to the Hero6 in terms of hardware there really is no excuses here.

Highlighted
Explorer

@agilestoke40735 Whatever you say buddy.  Sorry to hear the raincloud is still pouring on your head.  Good luck with your short positions on GoPro's stock.  What you offer is clearly not an attempt to assist or help others, but rather just to chase me around this forum negatively attacking me and GoPro.  It's tiring really, but post away.