Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Some issues with the new Black

I'm sure that GoPro will fix some stuff in the coming months. But I will come back to you tomorrow after speaking the customer service. Today I will do some testing.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Recently purchased 7 black and am experiencing very similar issues as follows:

- GoPro sometimes not turning on, the gopro won't turn on until the battery is removed and replaced.

- Green pixelated lines appear acros the screen when switching between modes.

- GoPro sometimes won't turn off and the battery will have to be removed.

- Poor battery life - the gopro seems to go flat very quickly even when just used for photos

- GoPro displayed 0% battery shortly after being on 50% then turn off but will later turn back on with 40% battery

- The screen of the camera turned off and wouldn't turn back on until the battery was removed even though the camera was on

This is disapointing considering its substantial cost and hype.

Anyone have any tips to fix the issues?

Highlighted
Explorer

Have you run a manual update?
Make sure you are using a card off of this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
Format the card (FULL not quick) in your computer and then again in the camera.
After doing the above (manual update and format) reset your camera to factory default.
Highlighted
Hiker

Any guidelines on how to manually update the 7black?

Highlighted
Explorer

On your computer, go to this site and download the manual update to your desktop https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Right click on the downloaded file and select Extract (You can extract this to your desktop as well). The results will be a folder named UPDATE

With a USB/SD adapter, remove the microSD from your camera, insert into the adapter and then put the adapter into your computer.

Using Explorer, navigate to the SD card drive and right click, select format. Uncheck the box that says Quick format, and then run.

Once the format is complete, copy the UPDATE folder over to the SD card drive

Right click and select Eject

Take the microSD and place into your camera

Turn the camera on, the update should start automatically.

The camera will turn off and on during the update. Do not mess with the camera until the update is complete.

Once done, go into the camera preferences and format the SD card.
Highlighted
Hiker

My camera is updated using the phone app....do u still recommend to update again using manual method?

Highlighted
Explorer

I do, it tends to correct issues more reliably.
Highlighted
Hiker

I checked in the proceedure of the link u provided, and it says to copy the contents of the UPDATE folder and not the folder itself, into the formatted sd card..

Please confirm.

Thanks.