Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Some Videos Missing Audio

[ New ]

I'm having an issue where my Hero6 Black doesn't record any sound on some clips.  I'm importing them into Premiere and can clearly see the entire clip has no audio track recorded.  I went for a bike ride yesterday and recorded a bunch of clips along the way - some had audio, some had none.  So the entire video file either has audio, or does not have audio.  This also happened the last time I went out.  Has anyone seen this before?  This is a major problem!  Yesterday I was recording at 4K60, the last time it was 1080P60.  I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Plus U3 card.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Some Videos Missing Audio

[ New ]

Hello @greendusk486

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It is odd though for the camera to not consistently capture audio, considering the same activity and method of capture. How did you go about recording? Did you use the QuikCapture button (that is, pressing the shutter button while camera was powered off and recording right away? What were the audio settings on the camera when you did your recordings? Is the no audio issue observed in other media players as well? Did you use any housing or mount for the camera? Have you already attempted a manual update on the camera?

We would like to gather as much information as possible in order to help you better. Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Some Videos Missing Audio

[ New ]

Hello @greendusk486

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It is odd though for the camera to not consistently capture audio, considering the same activity and method of capture. How did you go about recording? Did you use the QuikCapture button (that is, pressing the shutter button while camera was powered off and recording right away? What were the audio settings on the camera when you did your recordings? Is the no audio issue observed in other media players as well? Did you use any housing or mount for the camera? Have you already attempted a manual update on the camera?

We would like to gather as much information as possible in order to help you better. Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius