Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Solutions for reducing gimbal noise on Gopro5 Session

There's quite a few topics out there on this but most of them are focused on the main standard series rather than the Sessions and I can't seem to find the recommended options in the settings to improve the audio.  I found a recommendation to set the Protune Audio to off and the Audio setting to windy but I can't find a setting like that on my Session, I've also seen a recommendation for a setting which causes the camera to record a separate wav file for each microphone but I can't find that either.

Are there any other solutions that don't involve using an external microphone?

Adventurer

Re: Solutions for reducing gimbal noise on Gopro5 Session

correct the Hero 5 session only records stero  and wind noise   siwtches automatically from front to back mics on its own the hero 5 you have the option to set to  manual sterio, manual wind, and both protune wav   audio files to separatly edit in a  eidtor/

Since the  sessions  mics a re on the front and rear the  gimbal wil lnot be an issue on the hero 5 it will be more an issue as the mic lies on the motor, the fix is to  place the camera upside down.

Tourist

Re: Solutions for reducing gimbal noise on Gopro5 Session

That's an interesting idea to mount the Session upside down, I'll give it a go.