Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Solution to the problem of leakage Gopro 8 !!!

I would like to share my thoughts. I am a user of the third version of Gopro starting 6-7 now 8. Unfortunately, the beginning with the new camera was not nice. After unpacking, I conducted a leak test. Unfortunately, the camera got wet in the battery compartment. I believe that the reason is a sponge stuck on the inside of the flap. After inserting the battery inside, the sponge has not been laid yet and thus pushes the flap outwards and thus creates a micro gap. On the Gopro forum a lot of people write that after the first use they flood Gopro. Fortunately, they replaced the camera for me. Sorry, I'm using the translator

IMAG0484.jpg
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Solution to the problem of leakage Gopro 8 !!!

[ Edited ]

I think that you need to insert the batteries, close the lid and wait 2-3 days for the sponge to adapt to the battery. I think so.

IMAG0485.jpg
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Adventurer

sounds like you need to  simply make sure things don't get obstructed. and door  is Pressed closed. and the rest is History.

Highlighted
Sightseer

But the battery door was closed correctly. Water got inside anyway
Highlighted
Hiker

I too have questioned the thickness of the pad that press's down on the battery. It's almost like it's too thick

Which makes the battery door hard to close.

Then when the door protudes slightly doesn't feel right in these days of high precision CAD designed parts which will fit exactly.

Highlighted
Sightseer

you're right