Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: So many questions! Please help me not hate this Hero 9!

[ New ]

Super helpful once again!

That gopro5 stick by Meij with trigger looks ideal! I just checked Amazaon US and there doesn't seem to be anything comparable for the Hero 9

Also that nu-bear pre-order looks promising.

I think the remote would be too small and hard with thick gloves on in the water in the winter.

Hiker

[ New ]

Me again @merq (since no good deed goes unpunished!)

How come whenever I take a photos it counts down from 01 to 00, even if I don't have timer on? And then it takes time to store? I just ordered a faster card am hoping that helps with the storage, but the time from shutter release to actual taking photo is laggy

In selfie mode, I can't seem to get it set to single shot. I don't want burst mode

Tourist

[ New ]

@nicecrest670 wrote:

Please explain what you mean by: 'to get the telemetry guages' and why u need this? Are you reffering to date/time/GPS etc? 

Second: 'During all of this, you are losing quality, especially if the phone doesn't re-upload in the same quality it downloaded.'

This is not the way your workflow should be. Your video and pictures are stored on the SD card in the GoPro. The video and pictures on your phone are indeed a low resolution copy and are not ment to be used for editing. The video and picture files on the SD card are high quality. And - topic one - telemetry data is stored also in the files on the SD card and a simple "Show Info" command in Adobe Photoshop or Premiere reveals this data.

Suggested workflow is to to transfer the video and pictures from your SD card to your PC and then import and edit these file in a video editting program.

Yes - I'd like to have the actual GoPro guages for speed and map/GPS on the video before I edited it in Adobe Premiere. Not sure how to do this and keep the original quality is my problem at the moment.

Hiker

[ New ]

How come whenever I take a photos it counts down from 01 to 00, even if I don't have timer on? And then it takes time to store? I just ordered a faster card am hoping that helps with the storage, but the time from shutter release to actual taking photo is laggy

You indicated that storing data takes time. That triggers me. Please have a look at page 63 (and the reference to page 127 and 131) of the English user manual of the GoPro 9 about output and processing level. Please check if you are in "Superphoto" mode (page 127). In this mode your GP9 will take multiple pictures because of the HDR. Then the multiple pictures are combined as a single HDR photo. This costs some time to proces / save to your SD card. This also could explain the count down timer. Then this is no timer, but the amount of pictures left to be taken. The manual says: SuperPhoto only works for single photos. Because of the extra time
needed to apply image processing, it may take a little longer to process and save each shot.

Please check also if your GP9 is shooting in RAW format. This also requires processing power and could count for the delayed saving time. On the other hand, if you are in Superphoto mode, then RAW is no option.

In selfie mode, I can't seem to get it set to single shot. I don't want burst mode

Also in Selfie mode Superphoto can be selected (ref page 32 of the manual) , please check if you are in Superphoto mode. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for the tips - am still struggling to change these settings. I don't see options relating to superphoto or HDR. I also seem to be stuck on 3s/1 burst mode. 

Perhaps this is the standard 'selfie' preset and to do selfies the way I want I need to create a new preset? Single shot, no timer, raw file, narrow lens (all of this if possible).

Hiker

[ New ]

hi @nicecrest670  and @merq - hoping you saw my answers about the countdown issue, selfie mode, and burst mode. You've both been so helpful

@giseled6462 wrote:

Thanks for the tips - am still struggling to change these settings. I don't see options relating to superphoto or HDR. I also seem to be stuck on 3s/1 burst mode. 

Perhaps this is the standard 'selfie' preset and to do selfies the way I want I need to create a new preset? Single shot, no timer, raw file, narrow lens (all of this if possible).