Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Smart remote + hero 5 black problem

When I try to shoot a single photo using the smart remote it automatically goes to burst mode (the display in the remote says 4fps) and the cámara ends up being hang up, and I have to remove the battery in order to reset it (no button responds). How may I solve this issue? Thank you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Smart remote + hero 5 black problem

Hello..today i bought the smart remote and i have the same problem..when i try to take a photo it does 30 photos and if i don't oush the stop button it takes another 30..sorry for my english

Highlighted
Anonymous

Try upgrading the software manually.

Try this : https://gopro.com/support/articles/software-update-instructions-for-hero4-cameras

this is for gopro hero 4, but will work with any gopro if firmware downloaded correctly,,

Worked for me. :)

Highlighted
Hiker

Here the same problem. I send back the smart remote to the store for a new one. Also i got the 5black hero.
Highlighted
Hiker

I tought te updaten remote will come automatily when connect golro with te capture app......
Highlighted
Hiker

Software version is. 01.57
Remote 1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Im having the same problem where my Smart remote is taking 4FPS bursts for some reason. I've updated my Hero 5 manually and reset the connection but its still doing it.... any advice?

Highlighted
Hiker

Im having the same problem where my Smart remote is taking 4FPS bursts for some reason. I've updated my Hero 5 manually and reset the connection but its still doing it.... any advice?

So tis problem is not solved..... i also dit the manualy update.... Gopro HELP!!!