Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Small Hack to make your wifi/smart remote work with your hero 9 - short lived fix - but it worked!

[ New ]

OMG Guys - i just found a hack to make the WiFi/Smart remote to work with the HERO 9 - not compatible my arse!!!!!!! Gopro please fix it - even more so your new remote has no ETA

OK what i did was:

1. turn on the camera and open up the gopro app
  2. put your remote into pairing mode
  3. in your app go to setup auto upload
    1. look for your wifi remote
    2. and connect to it
  4. Turn off your phones WiFi so its no longer connected to the camera
  5. it worked for a few minutes till the camera locked up

keen to hear what you guys find!

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Small Hack to make your wifi/smart remote work with your hero 9 - short lived fix - but it worke

[ New ]

tried a few times and lockups finished just won't hold the connection now. curious if others get it to work 

just a proof of concept that both are visible to each other and its just a HTTP command so nothing compaired to a phone connection

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Small Hack to make your wifi/smart remote work with your hero 9 - short lived fix - but it worke

[ New ]

I would find that if pairing the remote with your camera causes your camera to lock up... then it's not compatible...

Nomad

[ New ]

tried a few times and lockups finished just won't hold the connection now. curious if others get it to work 

just a proof of concept that both are visible to each other and its just a HTTP command so nothing compaired to a phone connection

Nomad

[ New ]
Nomad

[ New ]

i dare say its cuts off connection as the cloud cannot be seen so the camera halts "connection to the cloud was interupted" is the error