Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Slowmo worked and then stoped

[ Edited ]

When i record 120FPS 1080p and do the slow mo at 25% in go pro studio, video is choppy.

That wasnt the issue before (i suspect on last 02.60 update). Also when i create slow mo with videos that i create 3-4 months ago, i still have good videos without video being choppy.

Info:

Go pro 5 black.

Lexar 300x 64GB MSDXC card

PC more than enough (Ryzen 1600, 32GB RAM, SSD Samsung evo PRO)

Tried with factory reset, card reset, 1080p 120fps, 1080p 90fps, 50% slowmo, 25% slowmo, with and withou FLUX.

Go pro support please help.

Also when i provide my SN support doesnt reckognize it!!!!!!

My SN is . Camera was boutgh in Sydney in GoodGuys store.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Slowmo worked and then stoped

Hey @vladimirk38,

Do you have a second recommend SD Card you can try? If not our Support Team may be able to help:

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Explorer

Is the video choppy after you export it as a movie (Step 3) or while you are playing it in Studio (Step2)? What is your playback resolution set to? You should first check that it is set to Quarter 1/4 resolution.

Is it possible you filmed without ProTune being turned off with the working videos and are now filming with it turned on? The higher bit rate of Protune videos will cause Studio to lag.

How many video clips do you have loaded in the left side bar of Studio (Step 1 and Step2)? You should have no more than ten.

What is the the length of the video clips and of the total project?

It sounds as if the trouble you are having is with Studio and not the camera. Unfortunately, Studio is no longer supported by GoPro but we may be able to help you out.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

i enalbe low light mode, and as it was dark, FPS downgrade to probably 30.

My question is why video is taged as 120FPS, and it is size of 120FPS (1080p 4GB for 8 min of video) when its actually 30fps?

Highlighted
Explorer

The metadata was most likely attributed to the video when the shutter was pushed tagging it as 120fps. The size of the file is mostly effected by resolution, bit rate and length of the video. fps has little effect on it.