Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Skiing with Go Pro Hero 5

Today I went skiing in 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and after one run my go pro hero 5 would turn off after 5 seconds. I thought it was meant to work in the cold?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Skiing with Go Pro Hero 5

Lithium batteries don't do well in the cold. Were you using Quick Capture? In cold environments its best to keep the camera warm when not in use. You can do this by keeping the battery or the camera close to your body or with hand heat packs, using a housing like the Super Suit, and keeping it on instead of using Quick Capture. I'm sure there are other creative ways, but the key is to keep the battery from getting too cold.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Skiing with Go Pro Hero 5

Lithium batteries don't do well in the cold. Were you using Quick Capture? In cold environments its best to keep the camera warm when not in use. You can do this by keeping the battery or the camera close to your body or with hand heat packs, using a housing like the Super Suit, and keeping it on instead of using Quick Capture. I'm sure there are other creative ways, but the key is to keep the battery from getting too cold.