Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Side door broke off

I am going to Hawaii on a Wednesday. I have had my GoPro hero 6 for 2 years, and it has been amazing! I’ve taken it on many adventures. I took it surfing the other day, and afterwards when I was charging it, the side door popped off. I cannot seem to get it back on. Obviously it needs this piece to stay waterproof. What do I do?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Side door broke off

Did the side door actually break or did it just pop off (it's designed to be removable).  I would suggest you go on Youtube and look up some video's on how to re-attach the side door.  This will also let you know whether it did pop off or if it's actually broken.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @graybluff1028. As @irishmanpdx stated, see if the door is really broken. This video will help you determine whether the door is broken or simply detached. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Did the side door actually break or did it just pop off (it's designed to be removable).  I would suggest you go on Youtube and look up some video's on how to re-attach the side door.  This will also let you know whether it did pop off or if it's actually broken.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @graybluff1028. As @irishmanpdx stated, see if the door is really broken. This video will help you determine whether the door is broken or simply detached. Hope this helps!