Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Shutting Down after 15-20 minutes of recording time

Ive had my H7B for ~4 weeks and as the title says my H7B shuts down after 15-20 minutes of recording in ANY resolution/FPS. I have done manual firmware updates,factory reset, used in ~30-70 degree f environments and multiple different Sandisk (ultra, extreme, pro)SD cards. Nothing seems to work. I love the camera but if I can only record for 15 minutes at a time , it’s useless for my application. Any help would be appreciated :)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Shutting Down after 15-20 minutes of recording time

Hello @baylenm80

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Were camera features such as Wi-Fi, GPS, and voice control activated while you were recording? This article on HERO7 Battery Information indicates that even if you record at the high performance modes, you should get at least 30 minutes of operation time under optimal conditions.  Since the issue persists even after going the troubleshooting steps, let our Support team help. Please contact them through phone or chat here. When you do, have camera information, proof of purchase, and sample pictures ready to get assisted as quickly as possible. 

Thanks, 
Marius 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @baylenm80

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Were camera features such as Wi-Fi, GPS, and voice control activated while you were recording? This article on HERO7 Battery Information indicates that even if you record at the high performance modes, you should get at least 30 minutes of operation time under optimal conditions.  Since the issue persists even after going the troubleshooting steps, let our Support team help. Please contact them through phone or chat here. When you do, have camera information, proof of purchase, and sample pictures ready to get assisted as quickly as possible. 

Thanks, 
Marius 

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya Thanks for getting back to me. One other thing, is the dev team planning on putting the MAP overlay in Quick for desktop. I know the IOS version has a MAP overlay but it is not present in Quick for desktop IOS or Windows 

Highlighted
GoPro

We have given such to the team as a feedback but we do not have information yet regarding its implementation. We will definitely post about it once the update is available. You may also keep an eye for new information here.