Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Shutter Speed changing to longer than 5 sec

original.png

Highlighted
Anonymous

Daniel, that's the amended version... They went and changed it to that after the fact of the misrepentation. Really? That all you have? Com'on man... You sure you dont work for GoPro?

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Okay, im done with you brah... I swear this meme never gets old... 

Highlighted
Tourist

i just wanted to add myself as another disappointed customer, who fell into their advertising trap.

pretty sure this feature was only blocked as a marketing decision. will be my last gopro if they dont fix this. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 5 Session Does not have a setting for longer than a 5 sec shutter speed.  Just got off the phone with tech support to confirm.  

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for the update @jakev1348
I completely understand the confusion some people had/have because the table showing the optimum shutter speeds for different settings does show longer shutters. However, this is a universal table used for all GoPro cameras that have night photo/night laps capability.

As I posted above, the manual has never stated the Session5 as having the capability of a longer shutter than 5 Seconds. The image I posted above is from the original PDF that I downloaded when the camera was released. It is not an, " amended version" as was stated by another user.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @danielr15

yeah I was confused as well.  I've had the camera for about year now and this is the first time I was looking to experement with night lapse. The original manual that I downloaded showed longer shutter times.  Hopefully a firmware update in the near future will fix that.  Not sure why they would limit shutter speeds on this camera?  Maybe to get people to upgrade?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello GoPro users, do you have any news about firmware fix release for this issue? I would like to set the shutter time to 30s too, I have read about that in manual, but the settings in camera have dissapointed me a bit and then I've started to search the web and got here...