Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Shutter Speed changing to longer than 5 sec

[ Edited ]

Not talking about interval here... Talking about shutter speed, for one the manual clear stats it's for the session 5. Two, they clearly say in the older manual that it can do 20 second and 30 second also. Lets not muddy the water here. Dont let GoPro pull the wool over your eyes!  

Capture.PNG

Then they updated it with this...

Capture2.PNG

Highlighted
Explorer

Both highlighted text have always been in the manual. The table is for reference for when to select the best settings. It could have also included 45 seconds but that doesn't mean it's an available setting. The limitation of 2 & 5 seconds is stated as the available settings before the table is presented.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, precisely. I was fairly upset, but I let them win in the end. I took mine back and got the Black. I don't have time, energy, or money to fight it. I'm the lazy consumer that just moved on. Still a horrible misrepresentation and false advertisement case on their part.
Highlighted
Explorer

Also, interval setting was mentioned by another user earlier in the discussion. My reply wasn't just to you as there are several people in this thread.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why are you defending them and making escuses? Where does it disclose your argument? At that point just simply amend the manual properly. It clearly shows thoses are the settings for the camera. A person reading the manual for future prospecting of buying the camera (like myself and others) were misled into believing it  was an option. You can't just say "ohh that was for reference, doesn't really mean it has that setting... Sorry, you have to actually buy it first to see that it doesn't really have that!".... Umm yeah no, sorry it doesn't work like that....  

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm not defending, just stating facts. If you read my other post on this thread, I've said that I had to reread the manual to figure out the available settings. I understand it now, so it's not confusing to me anymore. With that in mind, it's hard for me to see it the way you are now. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Explain your logic here... See screenshot below. Lets see some facts behind your agument. Interval and shutter time lapse are CLEARY seperated out and shouldn't be confused with each other. 

To the guy who said he just gave up and spent more money, thats what they wanted you to do. Golf clap to the consumer who runs away like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs. GoPro loves people like you! Good job

Capture3.PNG

Capture3.PNG
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah, but also, I didn't want to argue with GoPro for 2 years before they finally fix it (if they ever will). If I had taken if back and not upgraded, then I wouldn't have continued to fight about it anyway, because I would have shown my unhappiness by not buying their product. I wanted the camera for the settings I thought that it had, since it didn't have it, I got the one that did. I wasn't going to hang on to the session and never use it, just hoping that one day they update it. By the time they do, if ever, the session will be years outdated anyway.