Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Should I get the Hero 5 Black or Hero 7 Silver?

I've looked at reviews for both and they seem pretty similar. They are also at the same price point currently. Which one has better features and better quality images and videos? Which one is the best bang for my buck?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Should I get the Hero 5 Black or Hero 7 Silver?

Hello @madisonc03. The HERO5 Black and the HERO7 Silver may look similar but they have a lot of differences in terms of features and functions. While the HERO7 Silver has an integrated battery, the HERO5 Black has a replaceable one and a front LCD as well. Moreover, the HERO5 Black has more options for resolutions compared to the HERO7 Silver. Click on the links to get more specific information on resolution, frame rates and fields of view. Other details are found on the manuals: 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Should I get the Hero 5 Black or Hero 7 Silver?

Hello @madisonc03. The HERO5 Black and the HERO7 Silver may look similar but they have a lot of differences in terms of features and functions. While the HERO7 Silver has an integrated battery, the HERO5 Black has a replaceable one and a front LCD as well. Moreover, the HERO5 Black has more options for resolutions compared to the HERO7 Silver. Click on the links to get more specific information on resolution, frame rates and fields of view. Other details are found on the manuals: 

Hope this helps!