Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Should I get the GoPro Hero 5 or Hero 6?

I am going on a 1.5 month vacation in this summer and the summer of 2019. I don't want to bring my heavy DSLR on either so I was looking into GoPro for a lightweight action camera. I am deciding now between the Hero5 and Hero6. I have watched a dozen or so comparison videos on youtube, but I am looking for a few more opinions and thought this would be a good place.

What I am thinking/have found as of now is that the 6 obviously, after some software updates, has more stability, color range, and higher fps while shooting in 4k and basically every other resolution level. My concern is price. I would like to pay the $100 more and just get the Hero 6, but I also know I am capable of editing my footage in post to add stability and colorizing. Are the changes in the hero 6 worth the money especially if I know I will use the camera heavily this summer and the next and several times during the next year? Am I good to just stick with the 5.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Should I get the GoPro Hero 5 or Hero 6?

Hero 5 and proper editing skills you will come out a winner, Hero 6 and the same even better. the Hero 6 has a few more options and advantages. and if I weere to get one I get he Hero 6 black for the EIS, wake up wifi and voice command.  Editing is  where you will create awesomeshots to remember.   Those are my thoughts  .  

\

FISH

Just  remember  45 days the Hero 7 is  rumored  for release or less.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Hero 5 and proper editing skills you will come out a winner, Hero 6 and the same even better. the Hero 6 has a few more options and advantages. and if I weere to get one I get he Hero 6 black for the EIS, wake up wifi and voice command.  Editing is  where you will create awesomeshots to remember.   Those are my thoughts  .  

\

FISH

Just  remember  45 days the Hero 7 is  rumored  for release or less.

Highlighted
Backpacker

although on paper the 6 is only marginally better, the improved useability makes it an easy winner for me