Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Shall i clean or shall i leave it? Check mate dead in both casesvno case case is closed!

Its very tragic how these guys in hero pro cams use their customers as victims of circumstance i guess. The problem was that after 9 months of heavy use in all conditions the hero 5 go pro black was ok and you guess where it failed when I decided to clean it following site ho pro procedure i did evth they suggested rinse with fresh water dry in air and then....dead! Nothing was working sobi decided to contact their support team after three days of chat with anonymous agents the deal was no return no warranty only 40% discount for a new cam and have my cam back to refurbish and resell it to another victim and when i said my money back or a new one the answer was case closed camera dead 450€ lost. So the question was to leave it with salt till it drops dead or to clean it following site specs? Dead on both cases no option only one! Never to buy again a go pro product and the funniest of all after all that nuisance they asked to judge their customer service what nerves they have ha to lose your money and to ask you at tge end were we good enough to sell you trash? You were excellent folks keep on doing that and you will see your co future with angry customers!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Shall i clean or shall i leave it? Check mate dead in both casesvno case case is closed!

I ll ve my cam for service tomorrow i prefare to fix it paying 50€ that to wait for a new one from support cause they dont follow that policy ;-) but never in water again ill keep it in the closet and watch it getting dust and web around it;-) waste co reputation and dont bother about their customers!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Shall i clean or shall i leave it? Check mate dead in both casesvno case case is closed!

I ll tell all my friends to avoid this cam its for one use 450€ per use without second battery with an extra one goes to 500€

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

So you did what rinsed your  gopro in fresh water or did you take  fresh water on a towel and wiped it.

Highlighted
Tourist

I did what site suggested nothing more or less!
Highlighted
Tourist

Maintaining Cleanliness of Your HERO5 Black
What are you trying to do?
How to keep your HERO5 Black clean.
Where does it apply?
HERO5 Black
How to do it
Love the rugged waterproof design of the new HERO5 Black? Whenever you’ve used your GoPro in wet or debris-riddled environments, follow these steps to ensure that it stays in great, working condition:
General:
After every use in salt water, rinse the camera with fresh water, and dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
We do not recommend the use of any solvents to clean the camera's exterior surface or internal lens.
We offer Screen Protectors (sold separately) to prevent surface scratches on the front and rear LCD screens.
Lens:
To clean the lens, wipe it with a soft, lint-free cloth.
If debris becomes lodged between the lens and the trim ring, flush it out with water or air. Do not insert foreign objects around the lens.
Doors, Buttons & Latches:
Rinse the camera with fresh water to flush out any remaining debris, salt or sand.
If debris is caked into the camera, door or button crevices, soak the camera in warm water for 15 minutes to loosen the debris, and then rise the unit under running water.
If you find that a button is sticking, we recommend removing the door (if possible) and repeatedly pressing the button under running water. Be sure to take precautions to protect any exposed ports if you are unable to remove the door.
Allow the camera to air dry, or dry it with soft, lint-free cloth.
Prior to use, visually inspect all seals and door buttons on the camera to ensure that they are dry and free from debris.
Microphones:
For best audio performance, shake the camera or blow on the mic to remove water and debris from the microphone holes.
To prevent damage to the internal waterproof membranes during cleaning, do not use compressed air to blow into the mic holes.
Highlighted
Tourist

I guess its a bj situation! Case closed money lost no more cams!
Highlighted
Adventurer

Well that to me sounded like you took your camera under the f acuet.

Highlighted
Tourist

It sounded to me as a non waterproof cam! I had many cams sofar i wanted that for extreme use waste of money! And the fault was on not using it was on cleaning it better leave it dirty till salt corrosion drops it dead you have more chances to keep filming ;-) but one way or the other death is a matter of time right?
Highlighted
Tourist

Buy one hero pro per year to keep this co alive! Lets hear it for hero pro 6 ! And seven next year!