Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Shadows when stitching 360 video, GoPro Max

Hi guys, I just received my cam 3 days ago and I noticed something weird on 360 video, just 360 video, no reframed videos, or pictures, etc. There is like a shadow when a object ccrosses the stitching line, I am pretty sure it is a software issue because as I said it is not happening on pictures or reframed videos, but I was expecting something like a small line or glitch when an obejects crosses the stitching line but not this. Videos are exported with GoPro app and I am using iOS, anyone of you have the same behavior? here are some examples:

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-28 a las 18.08.01.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-28 a las 18.10.49.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-28 a las 18.11.32.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-28 a las 18.12.10.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-28 a las 18.11.05.png
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Shadows when stitching 360 video, GoPro Max

That's a stitching issue, this can be caused by objects too close to the camera, too low a light source or a low light source on one side of the camera and a bright light source on the other side of the camera.  Helps to keep the camera and pole vertical when shooting and not horizontal.

Highlighted
Hiker

It is not the case, it is happening all the time, indoor, outdoor and also with objects far away from lens

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue here. I thought it was caused by the lenses cover at first since the lines were circled
Highlighted
Hiker

nope, it is happening with or without covers and I have tried everything and it is always the same. I have been playing with config, I also have used windows, mac, ios and android to export it and same result.

Highlighted
Tourist

Im facing this issue as well, whats the solution for this? its kinda annoying and frustrating to have this issue 😔, can somebody help
Highlighted
Sightseer

At least your horizons look level. Mine don’t see the shadows as much but notice my arm and charging cable aren’t leveled when looking via live view through my app. Have you noticed this too?
32359450-7C1D-45DF-9665-F00A4DE2CE1B.png
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro still havent comment anything on this issue, sadly

Spoiler